Thursday 8 December 2011

Futuristic Vision!

So the story of the elbow wound continues with more frustration yet hilariousness encounters with the medical professions.

The GP practice nurse phoned ten days ago to inform me that I need to have a scan/ X-ray done on my elbow to determine the cause of the wound and the reason behind its failure to heal, and told me that once I see next week she will give me more details and provide me with the x-ray request form. I waited patiently for the appointment and finally the day arrived.

After greeting me in a her usual warm and friendly manner, she excitedly said "well the good news that the scan you did showed no sign of real damage" I was as confused as someone just woke up from a coma or regaining lost memory, for a second I thought wow there is hope then realised hope in the NHS is a myth, so I pointed out that I have not had any scan on my elbow for the simple reason of NOT HAVING THE X-RAY REQUEST FORM!!!!

I wonder if the nurse has futuristic vision, maybe that is the result of the scan that I HAVE YET to do, surely there must be a reason for this right? I do like her and think she is one of the nicest nurses that I am currently dealing with, but nice, kind and friendly need to be combined with sharp knowledge.

I will go and have my scan but I know my elbow's story will continue for a while ...well unless the clairvoyant nurse is right then there will be no more elbow related blogs and I guess the nurse will realise her perfect job lies far from medical health, Future Telling where she will probably earn more and prove more successful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment